Friday 23 August 2024

Bugger

Bugger. Bugger bugger bugger.

I had my follow up appointment with the surgeon today. He apologized, but said it was bad news. As I suspected, my PSA was too high which means they didn't get all the cancer with the operation.

So now I have to have another trip through the atomic donut, then 7 weeks of radiotherapy treatment 5 days a week. All whilst having testosterone injections (they're actually anti testosterone). He first phrased it as "chemical castration", one of the bleakest things I've ever been told. That's an injection every month for 6 months.

He says 5 minutes a day for the radiotherapy. Not looking forward to it - it means driving to Poitiers and back every day. That's 3 hours on the road every weekday for 7 weeks.

Not my happiest day.

We did finally get the document off him that says I'm unable to work. This may mean we can claim some money on social security.

No comments:

Post a Comment